User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/05/05

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

<!-- sibboleth --><div id="lncal1" style="border:0px;"><div style="display:none;" id="id">lncal1</div><div style="display:none;" id="dtext"></div><div style="display:none;" id="page">User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/05/05</div><div style="display:none;" id="fmt">yyyy/MM/dd</div><div style="display:none;" id="css">OWWNB</div><div style="display:none;" id="month"></div><div style="display:none;" id="year"></div><div style="display:none;" id="readonly">Y</div></div>

Igem-logo-150px.png <sitesearch label="Search Lab Notebook" title="IGEM:HelpU/2008/Notebook/Project_name1">title=Search this Project</sitesearch>

Customize your entry pages Help.png

May 05th, 2010

Today I made a PCR of the fragment of 100bp obtained from the restriction with EcoRI and PstI of plasmid pSB1AK3. I prepared 4 different samples each obtained from a different colony.
This PCR was made following the same protocol from the last time with a few changes: I put 1μL of template DNA without any dilution and 17.5μL of MgCl2 (to avoid the quenching of all the Mg+ by the excess of DNA).
I just used a positive control; a PCR mix that only lack Taq Polymerase.
When the PCR was accomplished I made an agarose gel of 1.5% to prove my results.
At least the PCR was successful; I obtained 4 lines of 100bp corresponding to the fragment containing the double terminator. We get a double terminator (BBa_B0015).
However we also obtained some smaller bands and we don't know what are them; they could be due to inespecific primer annealing.