User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/04/30

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

<!-- sibboleth --><div id="lncal1" style="border:0px;"><div style="display:none;" id="id">lncal1</div><div style="display:none;" id="dtext"></div><div style="display:none;" id="page">User:Nelson Augusto Berrocal/Notebook/WiFi Coli 2010 Wet Lab/2010/04/30</div><div style="display:none;" id="fmt">yyyy/MM/dd</div><div style="display:none;" id="css">OWWNB</div><div style="display:none;" id="month"></div><div style="display:none;" id="year"></div><div style="display:none;" id="readonly">Y</div></div>

Igem-logo-150px.png <sitesearch label="Search Lab Notebook" title="IGEM:HelpU/2008/Notebook/Project_name1">title=Search this Project</sitesearch>

Customize your entry pages Help.png

April 30th, 2010

I made a PCR to get confidence that the last restriction assay was correct. I am going to amplify the small region excised from the plasmid pSB1AK3; (the double terminator per se). I am going to use the iGEM preffix and suffix primers that Nando gave me.
PCR
--- 3-5min (94°C) --- | ------ 30 - 45seg (60°C, 30 cycles) ------ 1min x kb (72°C) | ---- 3 - 5min (73°C) ---- (4°C)
The protocol I followed:
5μM Buffer PCR
2.5μM MgCl2
2.5μM DNTPs
2.5μM Primer Forward
2.5μM Primer Reverse
1μM DNA template (deluted)
1μM Taq Polymerase
H2O, Total: 50μM

I made a stock of the common reactants (6 samples).
Then I made a dilution of the DNA template, 4μM DNA in 20μM, from this dilution I took 1μM for the PCR. As a negative control I used a sample without DNA and 2 positive controls.

After the PCR I made an agarose gel to 1%.
The gel showed that the PCR didn't work; the positive controls did work which lead us to think that there wasn't enough template DNA.