Observations from Jan. 28 Procedure
- To obtain results (photos) from Jan. 28 procedure in which 12 test tubes were prepared for the formation of nanofibers, 3 of the test tubes containing PLA scaffolding.
- The Gold:Myoglobin nanofibers were formed with a 100:1 ratio
- Images of the nanofiber formation were taken
- 7 More PLA scaffolds were created, but with taller dimensions than previous (instead of 12 layers, the new scaffolds will have ~50 layers).
- Procedure from Jan. 28 will be repeated with new scaffolds
- "Brute force" experiment begins
- Of the nine nanofiber solutions made on Jan. 28, combine with a short scaffold (these scaffolds will be 1/3 the height of the original scaffolds; hence, these will be 4 layers tall).
- Let these nanofiber&scaffold combination in solution dry overnight
- Results will be analyzed next lab period.
- Nanofibers without scaffold
- Nanofiber&12-layer scaffold interaction:
- Nanofiber and scaffold interaction under microscope
Au stock solution:
- 0.011g x (1 mol/393.833g) x 0.010L = 2.793mM
Myoglobin stock solution:
- 0.011g x (1 mol/17699g) x 0.010L = 0.0621mM
Volumes of Au, Myoglobin, and water for each test tube:
- Final [Au]=0.5mM, 5mL total volume