Making Gold:Myoglobin nanoparticles
- To make Gold:Myoglobin nanofibers; three test tubes includes PLA scaffold
- A total of 12 test tubes were prepared in which each contained 100:1 ratio of Gold:Myoglobin. The final gold concentration was 0.25mM with the final volume of 5mL.
- Three test tubes contained one PLA scaffold each
- All solutions were placed in an oven at 80 degrees for 4 hours for biomineralization.
Au stock solution:
- 0.011g x (1 mol/393.833g) x 0.010L = 2.793mM
Myoglobin stock solution:
- 0.011g x (1 mol/17699g) x 0.010L = 0.0621mM
Volumes of Au, Myoglobin, and water for each test tube:
- Final [Au]=0.25mM, 5mL total volume