- Conduct a Protein Expression Experiment.
- Conjugated Gold Nanoparticle Synthesis: The purpose is to be able to control the production of purple solution or purple fibers.
1.Four Erlenmayer Flasks were prepared.
2.In each flask the following was added to it:
- 10g of Tryptone.
- 5g of yeat extract.
- 2g Glucose/L.
3.Approximately 1L of H2O was added to each flask.
4.The flasks were autoclaved.
Conjugated Gold Nanoparticle Synthesis
- In Test Tube 1, approximately 0.5 mL BSA (30 uM), 0.5 mL HAuCl4 (4.17 mM), and 9 mL H2O were added. The tube was left in an oven set at 80°C for a continuous period of two hours.
- In Test Tube 2, approximately 0.5 mL BSA (30 uM), 1 mL HAuCl4 (4.17 mM), and 8.5 mL H2O were added. The folowing procedure was carried out.
1. Keep tube for 30 minutes in oven.
2. Remove tube and place it in room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. Place tube back in oven.
4. Repeat for a period of 2 hours.
- For Tube 1, which contained a HAuCl4 to BSA molar ratio of 139, purple fibers formed.
- For Tube 2, which contained a HAuCl4 to BSA molar ratio of 278, grey and dark green aggregates formed on the surface of the liquid.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.