- Repeat experiment performed on September 27th using H2O as buffer.
- Check for the presence of cells that were plated on September 27th.
- Approximately 0.581 ml HAuCl4 (0.25mM), 0.974ml BSA (15uM), and 8.45ml H2O Buffer were pipetted into a test tube.
- The tube was placed in the oven for 2 hours and was not removed.
- Every 30 minutes, a UV-Vis Spectra was obtained using a Shimadzu 2550 spectrometer.
- Following 2 hours, the test tube was removed, wrapped in aluminum foil and was stored at room temperature.
- The graph below is the UV-Vis Spectra of HAuCl4/BSA/H2O obtained in the wavelength range of 200-800nm. This graph was zoomed in at 550nm, which is why the range is from 400nm to 800nm.
- The graph below exhibits the change in absorbance at 550nm over a period of 2 hours
- Observation showed that the solution was purple and contained no fibers.
1. Conjugated Gold Nanoparticle Synthesis
- According to the two graphs, the absorbance values of the solution increased without fluctuation.
- Observations showed that a clear purple solution formed. No fibers appeared.
- This indicated that conjugated gold nanoparticles formed.
2. The plates contained no cells.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.