User:Monika Gasiorek/Notebook/CHEM-571 2014F/2015/02/18
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
February 18th, 2015
Trypsin Reaction Preparation
0.00077 g of Trypsin was dissolved in 1 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer ---> stock [trypsin] = 33.05 μM
1. 0.151 mL of stock solution in 4.849 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer
2. 0.015(1) mL of stock solution in 4.985 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer
3. 0.001(5) mL of stock solution in 4.998 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer
4. 10 μL of stock solution in 990 μL of Tris/NaCl buffer --> [trypsin] = 0.3305 μM
Fibers were spun down at 300 RPM for 5 minutes, and liquid extracted. 5 mL of protease solution was added to each sample tube and a 500 μL aliquot from each concentration was obtained every 30 minutes beginning with time point 0. The samples were left in the incubator shaker (37C) for 3.0 hours.
69 μL of the 0.4325 μM Proteinase K stock was diluted with 2.931 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer for a final [Proteinase K] of 10 nM. This was added onto the fibers in the cuvette, which were spun down at 300 RPM for five minutes, liquid extracted, and resuspended. The reaction was run at 37°C for 6 hours, scanning every 5 minutes.
The reaction did have a discernible colorimetric change. There were still fibers present in solution after 6 hours. A longer reaction may see this go to completion.
1. 0.0907 mL of diluted stock in 2.909 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer
2. 0.00907 mL of diluted stock in 2.991 mL of Tris/NaCl buffer