September 9, 2014
Fluorescence Spectrum of Phenylalanine
A fluorescence spectrum of a 200 µM phenylalanine solution was obtained, in comparison to that of a control water sample.
Kinetics of AuNP Formation - Take 2
- A 150 mL beaker containing approximately 100 mL of water was heated to 70°C.
- 5 culture tubes were prepared each containing 0.5 mL of 2.512 mM HAuCl4, 0.167 mL of 2.512 x 10-4 M lysozyme, and 4.333 mL of H2O, giving a [Au]:[protein] of 30:1. The test tubes were covered with foil and placed in the beaker of 70°C water.
- 2.5 mL of one sample was placed in a plastic cuvette at time point 0 hr, pre-heating, to set a baseline UV-Vis spectrum from 800 nm to 360 nm.
- Another 2.5 mL aliquot of the samples was taken every 20 min. and a respective UV-Vis was recorded from 800 nm to 360 nm until no more sample solution remained.
- Spectra were ultimately obtained at time-points 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, and 180 min.