- To synthesize more AuNP solution for further experiments.
- To perform UV-Vis analysis for AuNP response to time (week 2).
- To test fiber stability in tris buffer.
- Combine 2 mL of 3.66 mM HAuCl4 and 6.04 mL of 0.0173 mM BSA in a test tube.
- Dilute to 20 mL with water.
- Place in oven at 80°C.
- Leave solutions in oven for 3 hr.
- Continue to take UV-vis data of 1 mL 70 Au/BSA ratio solution synthesized on 01/31/12 over time.
Determining the effect of tris buffer on 166 Au/BSA ratio solution
- Take UV-vis data of 166 Au/BSA ratio solution synthesized on 01/31/12.
- Add 2 mL 50 mM tris buffer (pH 10.1) to solid protein fibers (no solution).
- Allow fibers to settle.
- Take UV-vis data of tris/fiber solution.
The following graph shows the response of AuNPs to time. Data shown was collected in the first three weeks. AuNP synthesized on 01/31/12
The following graph shows the change in maximum absorbance over time (3 weeks).
The following graph shows the shift in wavelength at the apex of the peak.
The following graphs shows the effect of adding tris buffer to the fibers from the 166 ratio solution created on 01/31/12.
AuNP absorbance seeems to increase with time. There is also a blue-shift in the apex of the absorbance peaks.