- Synthesize CPM-200-In, CMP-200-In/Co, and CPM-200-Ga/Mg. Each of these MOFs take 3 days in the oven. They should be complete on Friday (5/13/16). Each MOF was produced as described in the literature1.
- Synthesize AB4 as described2.
- Run NMR on remaining sample of AB4.
- 2.00 g of NaOH were dissolved in 50 mL DI water.
- 50 mL of EtOH were added to the NaOH solution.
- To the resulting solution, 2.06g 5-Nitroisophthalic Acid was added.
- The solution was transferred to a 250 mL round-bottom flask. 0.100 g of Zinc powder was added to this flask.
- The flask was placed in a heating mantle (setting: 46) and left to reflux overnight.
- See tomorrow's entry for details on isolating the product.
- J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2016, 138, 2524-2527
- J. Org. Chem., 69, 26, 9073-9084