Adopting the protocol for the synthesis of [CeK(H2O)12][Ce(H2O)6]2[(H2O)4CeBW11O39H]2·20H2O, a synthesis was performed using Eu(C2H3O2)3 rather than Ce(NO3)3.
- Dissolved 0.6602g (~2 mmol) Eu(C2H3O2)3 in 20 mL of DI water.
- Dissolved 1.6038g (~0.5 mmol) K8[BW11O39H]·13H2O in 40 mL of DI water.
- Added the second solution to the first solution.
- Refluxed solution for 2 hours at 80°C.
- The resulting solution was saved for filtration on Thursday
- When solutions were mixed, the solution became milky white with no visible precipitate.
- Additionally, it was realized after reflux was begun that the pH had not been adjusted to/confirmed to be 3.5.
Filtration of Lanthanum Solution
- The lanthanum solution produced on last Thursday was filtered through a scintered glass funnel using a vacuum pump. A white powder was obtained.
- Mass of Lanthanum Product isolated: 2.007 g