Synthesize beads with Mary and Melvin.
- Stir 30 mL of ethyl acetate + 500 uL of glutaraldehyde
- Add your PVA-clay (approximately .5 g of PVA and .0575 g NaMT) in a dropwise manner. Immediately start timing the reaction for 2 minutes when you do the first drop.
- After 2 minutes, slowly add 7 mL of 0.2 M NaHCO3.
- Once completed, transfer to a falcon tube and centrifuge for 1 minute at 3000 rpm, rotor 41.
- When beads are separated from the organic phase, pipet out the organic phase and re-suspend the beads in distilled water.
Protocol adopted from Mary.
- Add data and results here...
Add notes here.