To synthesize BSA-AuNPs and run UV-Vis on the invertase-AuNP solutions created yesterday.
Preparing Invertase-AuNP Samples for UV-Vis
- Centrifuge 1mL of the sample for 30 min at max rpm.
- Take UV-Vis measurements of the samples.]
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were run on the UV-Vis:
- Gold to Invertase Ratio
Creating the Gold Stock Solution
- Add 0.0562 g of HAuCl4·3H2O to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of gold stock was 2.85 mM.
Creating the BSA Stock Solution
- Add 0.0260 g of BSA to a 25 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of BSA stock was 15.65 μM.
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were synthesized:
- Gold to BSA Ratio
- As seen below, the corresponding amount of protein was added to a 50 mL volumetric flask and filled with distilled water. The samples were made in small test tubes and capped with aluminum foil.
- The samples were heated at 80°C for 4 hours.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.