Analysis of A.nidulans metabolic network
Using the all genes that were DE by T test (p-value 0.05), I reran the correlated subnetwork (jActiveModule) search using the A.nidulans metabolic network.
1. anthranilate (AN) metabolite.
- DE enzymes connected to AN.
- AN1857 (Afu4g09840) & AN5952 (Afu2g10360) - kynureniases, EC 220.127.116.11, catalyze kynurenine → AN + alanine.
- These are up-reg at 4h, down-reg at 6h.
- AN3634 (Afu4g11980) - anthranilate phosphoribosyl transferase (biosynth of tryptophan + others)
- up-reg at 6h.
- AN is used in tryptophan biosynthesis.
- AN is also metabolite of tryptophan metabolism (kynurenine is intermediate).
- AN is intermediate of chorismate biosynth. Chorismate is a precursor to siderophore, ubiquinone, folate, all iron containing compounds.
- Explanation. Presumably, AN is regulated to control chorismate in response to iron. Little other pathway support for this:
- nothing in between AN & chorismate pathway is DE.
- 2 tryptophan dehydrogenases are DE (first step in TRP to kynurenine metabolism), but evidence is contradictory. AN1858 (Afu4g09830) is dn-reg at 6h, same as kynurinases, AN2509 (Afu3g14250) is dn-reg at 4h (when kynurinases are up-reg).
2. oxalic acid
- little support, intermediate in TCA, TCA cycle linked to iron availability (anaplerotic rxn).