- Centrifuged falcon tubes containing gold fibers. (300 rpm for 15 minutes)
- Removed water with plastic pipette.
- Prepare the sample that goes in the 3mL cuvette that will be used for ocean optics.
- The sample must contain:
- Gold fibers
- 2.955mL of Tris buffer
- 0.045mL of trypsin, calculations are below
- The trypsin was added last, at the second reading such that second reading becomes time 0.
- We ran our sample for 2hrs30mins.
- Readings were taken every 2 minutes and uploaded directly to DropBox for later analysis.
Calculations for volume of trypsin, and volume of buffer
C1·V1 = C2·V2,
where C1 = 66.52µM
C2 = 1µM
V2 = 3mL
V1 = 0.045mL
Volume of buffer: 3mL-0.045mL = 2.955mL