Practicing with the Dynamic Light Scattering Machine using Ovalbumin chicken egg-whites
Machine: DynaPro Titan TC
- Measure out 2 mg of Ovalbumin
- Add the 2 mg of Ovalbumin the the 1.5 mL aliquot, and dilute to the 1 mL mark with DI water (the sample should now have a concentration of 2 mg/mL).
- Add 100 microliters of the sample to five separate 500 microliter aliquots.
- Dilute each of the aliquots with an extra 100 microliters of DI water (the new samples are all at 1 mg/mL now).
- Using the DynaPro measure the hydrodynamic radius of each of the samples over a time of [insert time here] at temperatures of 20,34,48,62,76 degrees Celcius, respectively.
- Record and Analyze results.
This experiment is just for practice use of the Dynamic Light Scattering System.