User:Kathryn R. Brink
- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education/Research Experience
- 3 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2014
- 3.1 Last Name
- 3.2 First Name
- 3.3 Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
- 3.4 Course/Minor
- 3.5 Year of Graduation
- 3.6 Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
- 3.7 Email
- 3.8 Preferred "Extra" OH Time
- 3.9 Potentially Relevant Background
- 3.10 Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- 3.11 Anything else you would like us to know related to 20.109?
- 3.12 What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
- 3.13 Commitment to academic integrity
- Kathryn R. Brink
- Email me through OpenWetWare
MIT Course 20, Class of 2016
I work in the Weiss Lab at the Synthetic Biology Center at MIT as part of MIT's iGEM team. Our work for this year (2014) focuses on improving Alzheimer's disease diagnosis using engineered receptors and miRNA sensors, as well as working toward treatment by modulating enzyme levels in response to detection of Alzheimer's disease. Previously, I worked with nanobodies against enzymes in the yeast glycolytic pathway at the Ploegh Lab, Whitehead Institute.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2014
Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
Year of Graduation
Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
krbrink (at) mit (dot) edu
Preferred "Extra" OH Time
Wednesdays after 2:30pm or Fridays after 10am
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Fall 2014|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No|
|7.03 (Genetics)||Spring 2014|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||E. coli and mammalian|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||Yes|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
Fall 2013 - Winter 2014: I was a UROP in the Ploegh lab screening single-domain antibodies against PDC1 (a yeast glycolytic enzyme).
Spring 2014 - present: I am on the MIT iGEM team, whose project this year focuses on Alzheimer’s disease. My role in the project involves modifying a B-cell receptor to sense the presence of (extracellular) beta-amyloid plaques and produce an intracellular response.
What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.