User:Jorge Arturo Zepeda/Notebook/iGem LCG-UNAM team 2010/2010/06/23

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Igem-logo-150px.png iGEM Project name 1 Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Wednesday 23rd June 2010

Reevaluating the use of the cI promoter, we realized that it’d be better to have it in a low copy number plasmid, so I looker for one in the registry, but the one we could use was already extracted.

The ligations of cI plasmid + GFP that I had replated seemed to be growing very slowly, I cultured 4 colonies in 4 ml of liquid LB, 2 with kanamycin and two without it, but still the ones with kanamycin seemed not to be growing at all, so I added 15 ul of the cultures with no kanamycin to the media with the antibiotic and left it overnight in the incubator shaking.