User:Javier Vinals Camallonga/Notebook/Javier Vinals notebook/2014/02/18

From OpenWetWare
Jump to navigationJump to search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Entry title

  • Insert content here...

Objective

Today we'll be synthesizing lysozyme-AuNP's, finish the tests left on 55:1 and 110:1 lysozyme to AuNps ratio as well as on 100:1 BSA-AuNPs. In addition, we imaged the tests that we run last week.

Procedure

For the synthesis of AuNPs, we made stock solutions, visible in the following image:

'Figure 1. Stock solutions of Lys and Gold'

2.18.data.png

Then we made the solutions adding the correspondent amount of gold, lysozyme and water. In the following image it can be seen the volumes added

'Figure 2. Volumes of Gold, Lysozyme, and Water added to create Nanoparticles'

Cheatsheet.png

Images

We show the pictures of the effect that the tests had on the solutions. The 55:1 and 110:1 consisted on purely fibers, since the supernatant was removed, and the correspondent variable. On the other hand, the BSA solution had no fibers visible before the variables were added.

Feb 18 Pic 3.jpg<br.>

Feb 18th pic 1.jpg<br.>

Feb 18 Pic 2.jpg<br.>

Feb 18 Pic 4.jpg<br.>