- Synthesize HgS-BSA QDs at 40°C |JCS 2
- Obtain UVVis and fluorescence data for JCS 1
- Making Stock Solutions
- Same stock solutions from last week
- Added 5 mL of 15mg/mL BSA from Eleni's stock solution to 5 mL of the HgNO3 in HPLC water
- stirred vigorously while adding 2 drops of 1 M NaOH to reach pH ~9
- capped to sit and react for ~12 hours
- The HgNO3 solution was sonicated for 15 minutes prior to use.
- The pH test trip was slightly darker than the coding for a pH 9 (~pH 10), like the last synthesis. This time only 50 μL of 1M NaOH was added.
- The heating mantle was set to 11. As of this afternoon, this corresponded to about 41°C