- Standardization of NH4SCN
- Storage Lysozyme-KI dialysis from October 15
- Begin Colloid-KI dialysis
- Standardization of NH4SCN - to be used in analysis of dialysis solutions with KI
- Add 3 mL 1 M HNO3 and 2 mL AgNO3 to 10 mL DI H2O
- Add 200 μL Ferric alum indicator
- Titrate with your NH4SCN solution
- The solution turned orange at 16.3mL of titrant
- storage of lysozyme-KI dialysis
- the solutions were removed from the dialysis wells and placed in 1.5mL centrifuge tubes for further analysis
- Note of caution: previous dialysis using lysozyme have been ineffective as the lysozyme has begun to crash out. This dialysis may need to be repeated.
- Colloid-KI dialysis
- After washing the dialysis chambers, a 3500 MWCO dialysis tube was wet with HPLC water and placed in the block
- colloid solutions previously produced were placed on one side of the tubing
- Colloid solutions were prepared on ...
- 50mM, 5mM, 500μM, 50μM, and 5μM solutions were placed on the other side of the membrane
- these solutions were produced on ...
- 0.38130g NH4SCN in 500mL of H2O
- 1.27481g AgNO3 in 100mL of H2O
It is recommended that measurements involving analysis of protein content should be carried out immediately following dialysis in order to ensure the protein does not precipitate out while awaiting analysis.