- Make a column for column chromatography
- Packing the Column
- To pack the column we got a syringe with a stop cock at the bottom.
- We packed the column with glass wool and washed it with methanol to help pack.
- Next, a layer of sand was put on top
- A solution of 9.9999g of Silica in methanol was poured into the column.
- After draining the column was washed with DI water until the column ran clear.
- Then 10mL of BPA and let it run into the layer of silica.
- then 10mL of water, then 30mL of methanol were run into the column
- These were divided into 8 5mL fractions.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.