User:Gopi C. Mohan
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Gopi C. Mohan
- Associate Professor, Bioinformatics, AIMS, Kochi, India
- Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine (ACNSMM)
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Kochi, Kerala State, India
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I work in the Bioinformatics Lab at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University. I learned about OpenWetWare from Website, and I've joined because To get scientific networking and latest knowledge development.
Education and Research Experience
- 1998, Ph.D. Banaras Hindu University
- 2000, PDF, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- 2002, Research Officer, University of Bath, UK
- 2004, Associate Researcher, University Henri Poincare, France
- 2005, Assistant Professor, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research-SAS Nagar (NIPER, Punjab, India
- Dr. C Gopi Mohan received his Ph.D. degree from Banaras Hindu University in 1997. He worked for about two years as Post-doctoral fellow in the Molecular Biophysics Unit at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, followed by Research Officer in the Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, United Kingdom. Further, he worked as Associate Researcher in Laboratoire de Cristallographie et Modélisation des Matériaux Minéraux et Biologiques, CNRS, Faculté de Sciences Bd des Aiguillettes, Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, France. During his research carrier he visited different countries which include: UK, Canada, France and Finland. He joined as a faculty member of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Mohali, Punjab from 2005 and served there for six years. During his stay at NIPER he was instrumental in setting up different laboratories of Pharmacoinformatics discipline in which MS (Pharm) course and Ph.D. degree was ongoing. He had been recipient of Indo-Finland grant for computational biology related to drug development and visited University of Helsinki and University of Turku to complete successfully this collaborative bilateral program. He has taught different courses at NIPER, both at postgraduate and doctoral level. He has also supervised about 23 postgraduate theses. He along with his students and other colleagues has authored about 43 research papers and three review articles. He was reviewer of different international/national research journals, thesis and grants etc. The research area of Gopi Mohan spans over Computational Biology and Structural Bioinformatics, Structure-Based Drug Design and Protein crystallography. His protein models and other related computational work was appreciated by US based pharmaceutical company leading to future collaboration. He was also cited as international well known expert in the field of Structural Bioinformatics and Chemoinformatics by Synergix Ltd. United Kingdom, which was founded in 1996 by Dr. N.C. Cohen, a pioneer of rational drug design.
- . Shikhar Gupta, Adyary Fallarero, Mikko J. Vainio, P. Saravanan, J. Santeri Puranen, Päivi Järvinen, Mark S Johnson, Pia M. Vuorela, and C Gopi Mohan*, Molecular Docking Guided Comparative GFA, G/PLS, SVM and ANN models of Structurally Diverse Dual Binding Site Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors. Molecular Informatics Journal, Vol. 30, p(689-706), (2011).
- . Shikhar Gupta, Adyary Fallarero, Päivi Järvinen, Daniela Karlsson, Mark S. Johnson, Pia M. Vuorela and C. Gopi Mohan*, Discovery of Dual Binding Site Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors Identified by Pharmacophore modelling and Sequential Virtual Screening Techniques, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Vol. 21, p(1105-1112), (2011).
- . Vaibhav Jain, P. Saravanan, Akanksha Arvind and C Gopi Mohan*, First Pharmacophore Model of CCR3 Receptor Antagonists and its Homology Model Assisted, Stepwise Virtual Screening, Chemical Biology & Drug Design, Vol. 77, p(373-387), (2011).
- . Raju Gautam, Sanjay M. Jachak, Vivek Kumar & C. Gopi Mohan, Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of stellatin derivatives as cyclooxygenase (COX-1, COX-2) inhibitors and anti-inflammatory agents, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Vol. 21(6), p(1612-1616), (2011).
- . Rahul B Birari, Shikhar Gupta; C Gopi Mohan, KK Bhutani, Antiobesity and Lipid lowering effects of Glycyrrhiza chalcones: Experimental and computational studies, Phytomedicine, Vol. 18(8), p(795-801), (2011).
- . Vivek Kumar, Parameswaran Saravanan, Akanksha Arvind and C. Gopi Mohan*, Identification of hotspot regions of MurB oxidoreductase enzyme using homology modeling, molecular dynamics and molecular docking techniques, Journal of Molecular Modeling, Vol. 17(5), p(939-953) (2011).
- . Parameswaran Saravanan, Santhosh K. Venkatesan, C Gopi Mohan, Sanjukta Patra and Vikash Kumar Dubey, Mitogen-activated protein kinase 4 of Leishmania parasite as a therapeutic target, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Vol. 45(12), p(5662-5670), (2010).
- . Shikhar Gupta and C Gopi Mohan*; 3D-Pharmacophore Model based Virtual Screening to Identify Dual-Binding Site and Selective Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors. Medicinal Chemistry Research, Vol. 20(9), p(1422-1430), (2010).
- . Jarvinen P, Fallarero A, Gupta S, Mohan CG, Hatakka A, and Vuorela P, Miniaturization and validation of the Ellmans reaction based acetylcholinesterase inhibitory assay into 384-well plate format and screening of a chemical library; Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening, Vol. 13(3), p(278-284) (2010).
- . Novel anti-inflammatory agents based on pyrazole based dimeric compounds; design, synthesis,docking and in vivo activity, Ashish K T, Priyanka S, Ved P S, Amit S, Goel RK, Mohan CG, Bulletin Chemical Society Japan, Vol. 58(5), p(634-638), (2010).
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164