< User:Tkadm30 | Notebook | Endocannabinoids(Redirected from User:Etienne Robillard/Notebook/Endocannabinoids/2-AG)
- A novel purinergic gliotransmitter controlled by the P2X7 receptor;
- 2-AG is an endocannabinoid ligand synthesized by diacylglycerol lipase (DGL-α) and phospholipase C (PLC).
- Astrocytes-induced synaptogenesis is enhanced by synaptic retrograde signaling.
- 2-AG synthesis is dependent on arachidonic acid and PLC.
- 2-AG exert neuroprotective effects on excitotoxic brain injury.