To test the ability of the DNase I (attached to the hydrogels) to cleave DNA
- In addition to the 5 samples of hydrogels with DNA, a sample of hydrogel without DNase and a sample of DNase I on its own were prepared as controls. The amount of DNase used for the control was equivalent to the amount of enzyme in the 500 uL hydrogel
- 1 uL of DNA from Chem 571 last year was added to each sample
- The DNA and DNase were mixed together for 3-4 hours.
- The hydrogels were then removed from the samples and the liquid was then frozen using liquid nitrogen. The sampes were then lyophilized overnight.
No data was collected today.
- This reaction was carried out at room temperature, not 37°C, which may have reduced or prevented enzymatic activity