Risk from Salmonella in almonds.
Questions for collaborators:
- original grant proposal
- obtain full prevalence and concentration data sets
- detailed risk assessment protocol followed in Danyluk et al., 2006
- alternative dose-response relationships (e.g. those used by Oscar 2004)
- proposed scenarios: predict incidence from current practices and concentrations; assess risk reduction due to treatment; test other changes in practices (which ones?)
- go through available data and identify gaps
- concentration data are already collected - assay is already fixed
Risk Assessment software: pro and cons of using @Risk (compared to e.g. Matlab)
- cannot easily resample from data set (need to fit a distribution)
- spreadsheets are prone to errors, but more easily interpreted by some professionals
- tied to excel, need compatible versions of Office and OS.