- Take fluorescence data of the MB, the complementary strand, and both together.
- Make solutions containing either citrate-capped or BSA-conjugated AuNP and various cell dilutions:
- Mix 3 μL AuNP/TS primer, 1 μL 50x dNTP mix, 16 μL sterile water, 2.5 μL 10x PCR buffer, and 2 μL cell extract in a PCR tube.
- Cell dilutions used: 400000, 200000, 100000, 50000, 25000.
- Incubate in heat block at 30°C for 30 min.
- Add 6.10 μL molecular beacon.
- Incubate in heat block at 37°C for 1 hr.
- Take fluorescence spectra.
- Fluorescence of MB open and closed, excited at 515 nm, 10 nm slit width:
- Fluorescence of solutions containing citrate-capped AuNP, excited at 515 nm:
- Peak fluorescence intensity vs. number of cells for citrate-capped AuNP:
- Fluorescence of solutions containing BSA-conjugated AuNP, excited at 515 nm: