I am Diogo Veiga, working as a researcher at Bioinformatics Lab in the National Laboratory for Scientific Computation, Brazil. Here, I have been investigating transcriptional regulatory mechanisms of prokaryotic organisms, especially Escherichia coli, through applying gene networks models as well as correlation measures on analyzing microarray data.
My current research focus is on Gene Regulation comprising
- Mathematical models aimed at inference of regulatory networks.
- Developing algorithms for reconstructing biological networks using data from genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics assays.
- Veiga, D.F., Vicente, F. da R., Grivet, M., de la Fuente, A., Vasconcelos, A.T.R. (2006) Genome-wide analysis of Escherichia coli microarray data using partial correlation analysis. Genet. Mol. Res. (accepted)
- Veiga, D.F., Vicente, F. da R., Grivet, M., Vasconcelos, A.T.R. (2006) Recovering Regulatory Interactions in Escherichia coli through Partial Correlation Analysis of Microarray Data. 2nd ISCB Student Council Symposium, ISMB 2006, Brazil.
- Veiga, D.F., Vicente, F.da R., Bastos, G.(2006) Gene Networks as a Tool to Understand Transcriptional Regulation. Genet. Mol. Res. 5(1):254-268.
- Veiga, D.F., Cecconello, P. De S., De Lucca, J.E., Porto, L.M. (2005) Extension of the IsaViz Software for the Representation of Metabolic and Regulatory Networks. Braz. Arch. Biol. Technol., 48(Special):197-205.
- Veiga,D.F. and Porto, L.M. (2003) XML Schema Representation as a Way to Interchange and Customize Genomic and Metabolic Models. 1st International Conf on Bioinfo and Comp Biol, Brazil.
--DiogoVeiga 14:05, 25 August 2006 (EDT)