Learn how to maintain an OpenWetWare Notebook.
Setting Up Column Chromatography
- 900mL of acetonitrile and 5g of sodium nitrate were mixed, forming a saturated solution.
- Some of this solution was added to Silica Gel, creating the packing material for column chromatography.
- The layers of the column (from bottom to top) are as follows: Glass wool + acetonitrile, Sand, Silica Gel, acetonitrile, & sodium nitrate mixture, and Sand
- 0.25g of Ruthenium complex was dissolved in about 5mL acetonitrile (just enough for the Ruthenium to dissolve).
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.