User:Dhea Patel/Notebook/Hemoglobin Project/2013/07/17
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Finding the Molar Absorptivity of 2,3-Diaminophenazine (DAP) in MeOH
1. 10.0mg of 2,3-Diaminophenazine (210.23 g/mol) was added to 1.0mL of DMSO to make a 47567μM solution.
2. 26.0μL of the 47567μM solution of DAP in DMSO was added to 24.974mL of water to make a 50μM in a 25mL volumetric flask.
3. The following table outlines the volumes of DAP stock used and the final concentration of DAP solutions created.
4. An absorbance spectrum was taken of each solution.
5. The absorbance at 420.1nm was plotted vs. the solution concentrations.
6. The slope of the best fit line is equal to the molar absorptivity (ε) of DAP in MeOH. ε = 29,400M-1cm-1.
7. Steps 1-6 were repeated in the afternoon. The following is the data obtained in the second trial. ε=20,800M-1cm-1.
8. The mixtures made during Trial 2 were run on the Shimadzu UV-2550 in the Beeghly 207. The following is the data obtained: