User:Dhea Patel/Notebook/Hemoglobin Project/2013/07/16
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Finding the Molar Absorptivity of 2,3-Diaminophenazine (DAP) in Water
1. 10.0mg of 2,3-Diaminophenazine (210.23 g/mol) was added to 1.0mL of DMSO to make a 47567μM solution.
2. 1.0 mL of the 47567μM solution of DAP in DMSO was added to 99.0mL of water to make a 475.67μM in a 100mL volumetric flask.
3. The following table outlines the volumes of DAP stock used and the final concentration of DAP solutions created.
4. An absorbance spectrum was taken of each solution.
5. The absorbance at 420.1nm was plotted vs. the solution concentrations.
6. The slope of the best fit line is equal to the molar absorptivity (ε) of DAP in water. ε = 11,000M-1cm-1.