Prep Stock Primers from IDT
- Write short-hand label on blue cap that makes sense
- Look for the nmoles on the label
- Do the following calculation: nmole x 10 = μL molecular biology grade H2O that you need to add to the DNA to get 100 μM
- Add this amount of H2O to the appropriate tube
- Repeat 2-4 for the remaining tubes. These will be your stock primers.
- Write "100 μM" on the labels of each tube.
- Make sure the caps are closed tightly and vortex each tube for ~30 sec. each to completely resuspend the DNA.
- Let the tubes sit at room temperature for 5 min. to make sure thet DNA is completely dissolved.
Make Working Solutions of Primers (20 μM)
- Get fresh 1.5 mL tubes. label them with the name of each stock primer. Include "20 μM" in your label.
- Add 80 μL molecular biology grade H2O to each tube.
- Add 20 μL stock primer (100 μM) to the water in each tube.
- Close the caps. Mix by shaking.
- Store all tubes (stock and working solutions) at -20°C