Remains of the Day
- New experiment to test effect of drying soil and pregerminating seeds in dishes
- Start drying some TVD soil today at room temperature. Likewise on Tuesday and Friday. Start germinating seeds of the Heinz variety on Monday in petri dishes and kimwipes. On Friday of next week, plant 5 pregerminated plants and 5 pairs of seed per soil treatment. Is drying killing soil pathogens?
- Extract rhizospheres and roots from more plants, plus take photos.
- Found great, long biocontrol review article: http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/content/52/suppl_1/487.full
- Run gel of ARDRA from colony PCR of pGEM clones with M13 primers and start sequencing some of the different cloned Oomycete clones.
File:April27, 2012 ARDRA.tif