Remains of the Day
- Call Steve (519-457-1470 x296) to get more liquid nitrogen cause he was out last week
- Perform PCR on California strawberry samples (16S, ITS, and ITS Nested - 40 cycles all at 48 degree anealing - did so, but nothing worked! Maybe the mistake using EtOH free wash buffer 2 did kill the samples...)
- Grind up tissue samples, extract RNA, make cDNA - no liquid nitrogen yet
- Write points for AIP grant
- Monsanto says no to giving me S. haberoichetes parent to Beaufort root stock. So looking for alternatives. "Resistance in tomato and wild relatives to crown and root rot caused by Phytophthora capsici." gives an interesting possibility.