The Daily Grind
- Watered plants
- Measured light at 1 pm using the Field Scout Quantum Meter (Item #3415F) made by Spectrum Technologies, Inc.
- Outside, with no clouds, the photons were over 2000 umol m-2 s-1 (off the charts). Inside the greenhouse, without clouds the light hitting the bench varied from 96 to 273 umol m-2 s-1.
- With some clouds, outside there was about 1300 umol m-2 s-1. With clouds, the light hitting the bench varied from 37 to 64 umol m-2 s-1.
- Outside the greenhouse with dense cloud cover (measured in the next entry) there was from 222/230/255/268 umol m-2 s-1 of light. Inside the greenhouse, light hitting the bench varied from one side to the other from 31/37/39 to 39/46/48 umol m-2 s-1.
- This variation went from one side of the bench to the other (closer to the wall, there was less light - sand grown plants were closer to the wall, subsoil in the middle, and terra preta were near the walkway).