From the article: "Robustness and the cycle of phosphorylation and dephosphorylation in a two-component
- EnvZ is less abundant than OmpR : the steady-state level of OmpR-P is insensitive to variatios in the concentration of EnvZ.
- OmpR-P is insensitive to variations in the concentration of OmpR when the OmpR concentration is sufficiently high.
- At low concentrations of OmpR-P ompF is activated.
- In EnvZ the autokinase, phosphotransfer and phophatase reactions overlap and interact.
- The numbers of EnvZ and OmpR molecules per cell have boon determined to be 100 and 3500, ratio EnvZ-to-OmpR ratio of 3%.
- YFP fluorescence remained relatively constant over the full range of [EnvZ]T Undetermined factors regulate ompC expression.
- Possible that very high levels of unphosphorylated OmpR could activate ompC and repress ompF
- The change on ompC/ompF transcription as a function of osmolarity is quite gradual.
- Incorporation of OmpR-DNA binding
- EnvZ dimerization, binding of OmpR to EnvZ, conformational changes of OmpR