User:Daniel-Mario Larco/Notebook/AU Photosynthesis Lab/2014/03/26
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
During this lab session, solutions of LB/Agar and LB Broth were prepared. A solution of Ampicilin was prepared to be added to the broth and agar. Sequence preparation was also done to order plasmid DNA containing Hemoglobin
1. The correct concentration for dissolving LB Broth Media into water is 25g per liter of water. The correct concentration for dissolving granulated Agar into water is 20g per liter of water.
- For the LB/Agar solution. 2.51g of LB Broth Media and 2.00g Difco (TM) granulated Agar were dissolved in 100mL of water
The solution is placed in the autoclave at 121 degrees C for an hour.
2. In order to prepare the ampicilin solution, 100mg of Ampicilin Sodium Salt were dissolved into 1mL of sterilized water. This solution was prepared in a sterilized eppendorf tube using sterile equipment.
3. Once the solutions cool, 100uL of the ampicilin solution is added to the LB/Agar solution
4. The LB/Agar solution is now plated. approximately 25mL of the solution is poured into the sterilized plates.