Cell Passaging Procedure
This is the Procedure:
- Make sure to keep arms and hands from going above the culture, to prevent contamination.
- Wash the interior of the hood with ethanol before beginning and protocol.
- When using the vacuum tube, place a pipette tip on the end before using to allow easier suction.
- When moving cells, make sure to keep the container steady, to prevent the cells from dislodging.
- Wash vacuum tube with bleach after completing protocol.
- Wash the media container and any other materials with ethanol prior to opening/using in the hood.
- Keep anything not in immediate use towards the back of the hood to prevent tipping/hitting anything.
- If the I am the last one to use the hood, turn off the vacuum with the switch outside the lab.
- Try to prevent the air inflow by blocking the vents.
- Limit the amount of times you need to remove arms/hands from inside the hood, to prevent contamination.