- Set up 20ml AgNP and AuNP reactions for Casein, Soy, Whey, Rice, and Pea
- UV Vis and Fluorescence Spectra before and after
- Used same nutritional proteins on 02/02/16
- Protein and gold stocks prepared fresh every day
- Main UV Vis machine was used to record UVVIS Spectra of Casein AgNPs, not ocean optics.
- A water blank in the same quartz cuvette was subtracted from the spectra before running any samples.
- Prepare 20ml reaction to synthesize large quantities of reactions known to work (see link below for specifics on reaction mix)
- In addition to protein-metal nanoparticles, gold and silver water blanks were prepared, gold at neutral pH and silver in trials with equal amount of base as casein and other silver np reaction mixes respectively
- Note that UV Vis spectra of reaction mixes before reacting were taken from 200-800nm
-Fluorescence excited at 280nm for tryptophan and tyrosine fluorescence before and after reaction
-scanned emission spectra from 300-540nm ( to avoid excitation peaks at 280 and 570nm)
Reaction run on p1 cycle of oven (4 hours at 80˚C reaction time)
- Reaction mix, measurements as well as UV-Vis and Fluorescence Spectroscopy data can be found at the link SRB Lab Notebook Data
- Color change notes and UV-VIs information can be found at the link SRB Lab Notebook Data
- Whey and Soy were in neutral reaction, Pea, Casein and Rice protein were basic - all experience color change (silver=yellow, red/purple = gold)