User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2009/12/08/Back in the Habit: Getting Reacquainted with Lab
Now that I am back from NY (which was a great trip), I need to get on the horse and get things done. I have until the middle of Feb to try and get preliminary unzipping of Shotgun Clones. I have to start with preliminary unzipping of tetherable pBR322. I need a list of things that I can work on imminently, and a meeting with Koch.
- Meet with Koch to discuss list
- Tether pBR322 fragments
- Make new anti-dig aliqots (probably need to buy more soon)
- Good sonication of beads
- Go to Osley Lab and get shotgun fragments
- SapCap shotgun fragments
- Ligate shotgun fragments to tethering construct
- Tether the bitches
Also I will have to do some work on the tweezers
- Get familiar with tweezers
- measure beam width for AOM
- Anthony Salvagno 18:02, 8 December 2009 (EST):The beam diameter is 1mm
- try isolator
- Anthony Salvagno 17:26, 8 December 2009 (EST):We tried this and ended up burning the PBS on the isolator. Guess this isn't an option.
- practice unzipping and try for crappy data with jumpy beam
- Brian is making stretching DNA tethers from his 1.1kb PCR so we will try stretching experiments. I will need Koch to show me how to analyze after trying to unzip. I will also have to relearn how to unzip.