User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2009/07/17/Making Sodium Acetate

From OpenWetWare
< User:Anthony Salvagno‎ | Notebook‎ | Research‎ | 2009‎ | 07‎ | 17
Jump to navigationJump to search

The other day I made Sodium Acetate using anhydrous sodium acetate and DI water. I had to adjust the pH to 5 from 9 and I used HCL. According to this protocol:,num=s Scroll down to sodium acetate 3M
I should have changed pH with glacial acetic acid, whatever that is, and then adjust. I don't know what I was thinking. I really should have looked it up online instead of just guessing. I hope it's ok to use, but I should just throw it out.