User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2009/07/15/PCR cleanup and Gel of 4.4kb tethers

From OpenWetWare
< User:Anthony Salvagno‎ | Notebook‎ | Research‎ | 2009‎ | 07‎ | 15
Jump to: navigation, search

I need to purify the DNA from yesterday's PCR reaction.


Hopefully I can get to this today.

Ok. I got the sodium acetate in a little while ago and now I am running a gel of the unpurified product. I will PCR clean the samples soon enough.

PCR Cleanup

I ordered Sodium Acetate this morning so that I can run the PCR kit. There is a chance that it may not be needed, but I don't want to risk it. Otherwise I just follow the PCR kit procedure.

I made sodium acetate but I don't think I did it right. According to the PCR kit it has to be 3M at a pH of 5.0. I made 200mL but the pH was 9.something and I had to add a shit-ton of HCl to get it to be at a pH of 5.0. I hope that doesn't fuck with anything. Oh well. I'll have to look up some stuff later.

Check this out:
dsDNA tethering
Koch did the clean up after I ran a gorgeous gel. And then he was able to get some tethers and mess with them using the tweezers. Life is grand!