User:Andy Maloney/Kinesin & Microtubule Page/Surface passivation/DEAE-Cellulose-Urea Chromatography of Casein in the Presence of 2-Mercaptoethanol
These are my notes on this paper. Read it before referencing my notes please!
- Notes that kappa-casein looses disulfide bones if it is in the presence of BME.
- This may be important since I use BME in my antifade.
- Shows that kappa-casein can be purified by using a DEAE-Cellulose-Urea column.
- Notes that kappa-casein cannot be purified with the then technology of starch-gel electrophoresis.
- I believe we have techniques to do this that are decent since we can buy kappa-casein from Sigma at a 70% purity.
- kappa-casein has a higher affinity for beta-casein than it does for alphas1-casein.
- They do say that the casein they studied came from cows.