Data Analysis and Kinetics Workup
- Import all data from run into Ocean_Optics kinetics template and save.
- Copy data from every 15 minutes into sheet 3. Start time is t=-120s, followed by -60, 0, 60, etc.
- Perform a "time zero" correction by subtracting the absorbance at each time by the absorbance at t=0 for each corresponding wavelength.
- For example, this will look like B2-$D2. Drag the crosshatch in the lower left corner of the first cell to perform this correction on all cells.
- The dollar sign makes the value subtracted correspond to the correct wavelength at t=0.
- Now perform a "baseline" correction by clicking on the first empty cell, and typing =(first cell from previous data set)-average(the absorbances at the corresponding wavelengths 800nm and higher). In practice, this will look something like: U2-average(U$1748:U$2049). Drag the crosshatch in the lower left corner of the first cell to perform this correction on all cells.
- Finally, copy the times, then click "paste special," and select "values" under Paste and by ckeck "transpose." This will transpose the times to the y axis. Next copy the absorbances at 420nm from the previous section, and transpose those on the y axis as well. This will show how the concentration of the protein (absorbance peak at 420nm changes over time).