HgS QDs synthesis using Hot Injection, adapted from Weiss.
Take UV-Vis and Fluorescence measurments
- I put 5mL of 5mM of HgNO3 and 5mL of 15mg/mL BSA in a 3 neck flask equipped with a stir bar and heat it to 85C for one hour under a vacuum.
- Fix pH to 9
- The 3 neck has a condenser to vacuum in the middle, a stopper on the right and the left.
- After the hour is over, I switch to high positive nitrogen flow for 20 minutes, remove the stopper, and drop the heating mantle so that it isn't touching the flask but loosely surrounds it.
- I crank up the mantle so that the internal temp rises, for another 20 minutes.
- I replace the open end of the 3 neck with a rubber septa, and let it there for about 30 minutes.
- I then lift the heating mantle rapidly to the surface of the flask. It should heat to boiling temp.
- Within 5 minutes, 4 mL of 20 mM Na2S injection at boiling temperature.
- Place in ice bath immediately.