User:Anand Gupta/Notebook/Microbial Fuel Cell/2009/04/28
|Microbial Fuel Cell||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Overnight Culture Protocol
Overnight cultures are prepared in order to accumulate large numbers of bacteria in a liquid medium, which is useful in maximizing bacterial product yield. In the MFC, we'll be using liquid media at the Anode to allow for H+ ion flow as well as maximum respiratory yield(which will supply electrons for the cathode reduction).
Protocol 2 Materials
LB Broth Prep
1) Add 6.66g of LB Broth powder to 300ml of dH2O in autoclavable flask, stirring and heating to dissolve.
2) Autoclave flask for ~3hrs
1) Add 10ml LB Broth to sterile tube.
2) Touch 1 colony on stock plate with sterile inoculating loop.
3) Place inoculating loop in Sample broth and swirl to release bacteria from loop
4) Incubate bacteria at 37C in shaker for ~24hrs.