What I did today
In the Lab
- After purifying the RNA, the next step was to run the gel.
- The first gel that I ran had the wrong dye in it. Instead of formaldehyde, I used formamide.
- The second gel that I ran showed all the bands that we wanted to see. A large and small subunit.
- We streaked yeast for 15°C and 30°C. We want to see if they show any type of inhibition compared to the controls. They were put in the freezer at 11:00am.
- We also prepared overnights for a growth experiment that will be performed tomorrow. They were incubated at 11:20am.
- Also, we prepared overnights for 9 different strains to make into glycerals tomorrow.They were incubated at 12:00pm.
- We also made plates consisting of solely YEPD and another set with YEPD+G418.
- We also made observations and took pictures of previous growth experiments.
Day 5-15°C were taken out today.