What I did today
In the Lab
- We did a growth experiment.
- Incubated at time:5:00pm.
- We also made observations of previous growth experiments and took pictures of the colonies that have formed.
How to Crop Pictures
- Go to the File menu and choose open.
- Choose the yeast picture which you would like to edit/crop.
- Once it opens, choose the cropping tool found in the tools bar.
- When you choose the crop tool, a crop menu bar should appear at the top of the window.
- You want the width of the picture to be 3.4 inches, the height should be 0.75 inches and the resolution should be 3500 pixels/inch.
- Then you want to go ahead and choose select the area you want to crop (top or bottom row of yeast cultures).
- Then you crop. Make sure that what you see in the screen now is how the image/picture would look at 100%.(This is usually found right underneath the picture window)
- After you have cropped you can check that you have the right settings.
- To check:
- Go to the Image menu and scroll down to where it says Image Size. A window will pop-up.
- From there you should check the pixels dimensions. They should be 11900 pixels for the width and 2625 pixels for the height.
- To check the document size: The width should be 3.4 inches, the height should be 0.75 inches and the resolution should be 3500 pixels/inch.
- Then you are done cropping your picture and you can print/put it in your paper or in your poster presentation.
- If you would like to change the size of the image just go back to the Image Menu and Iage Size. There you can change the pixels dimension thus leading to changing the size of your picture.