Tasks for October 29
- 7 mL of 10% HCl (1.2 M) were added to 1.0015 g of 22,000 PVA and 0.1099 g of Na+MT 7 mL of 0.2 M Na2SO4
- Stirred gently at room temperature until all crystals were dissolved.
- Added 0.5 mL of 0.8% glutaraldehyde.
- Stirred for a futher 3 min to ensure homogeneity
Note: this technique cannot be used because the components solidify before you can pour the drops into acetone to make beads.
- 0.1050 g of Na+MT and 0.9930 g 22,000 PVA in 4 mL of 0.12 M HCl.
- Stirred gently at 90ºC until all crystals dissolved.
- Poured dissolved crystals solution into hexane. They formed drops at first but dissolved with time. Our sample was to concentrated to be of use