Tasks for September 17
- To complete pH and conductivity readings
- To prepare samples for electrophoresis
Preparation of Samples for Electrophoresis
1. Prepare electrophoresis samples and refrigerate until next week. <br.>
For BSA, Lysozyme, [Au]:[BSA]=30:1 colloid, [Au]:[Lysozyme]=30:1 colloid and soy:
- Pipette 50μL of sample (for instance BSA stock or colloid solution) and dilute with 50 mM glycine stock solution to make up to 5 mL
- Take 10 μL of diluted solution and pour into 1.5 mL centrifuge
- Add 10 μL of running buffer Dr. Fox prepared
- Close centrifuge tube, vortex for 10 s and place into fridge
- Prepare Soy Protein Solution
- Dissolve 0.00209 g Soy Protein in 2 mL of H2O in volumetric flask.
- 50 μL of soy protein solution was diluted to 5 mL with 50 mM Glycine stock solution
- Take 10 μL of diluted solution (soy protein and glycine solution) and 10 μL running buffer and add to 1.5 mL centrifuge tube.
- Close lid, vortex for 5-10 seconds, and refrigerate.
There are a total of 5 solution that are ready for electrophoresis next week.